Pages

Friday, September 23, 2016

Pumpkin Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting


Happy Autumn!
I have been super excited for fall to get here and have been craving all things pumpkin.
one of my favorite pumpkin desserts is a pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting, my first favorite of course being a classic pumpkin pie.
In my personal opinion you can't have a pumpkin cake without cream cheese frosting, so I add my favorite recipe to go with this yummy cake.
Pumpkin tends to take over our lives this time of year, and no it isn't just me. I will try not to let it take over here. (no promises!) Here in New England it doesn't really feel like Fall yet its been in the mid 80s for the last couple of week, I have been really looking forward to breaking out my Fall wardrobe so hoping it get feeling Autumny here soon.












2 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cloves
Cream Cheese Frosting
6 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract

Preheat oven to 350f
Grease a 9x13 baking pan.
In a large bowl mix together the eggs, the sugar, the pumpkin puree and the vegetable oil and vanilla.
In a medium sized bowl sift together all the dry ingredients, and mix until the spices are evenly spread throughout the flour.
Combine the flour mixture with the pumpkin mixture, mixing at a medium speed until they are completely combined. (try not to over mix)
Pour the cake batter into the baking dish.
Place the cake into the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out with just one or two crumbs on it.
Let the cake cool completely before frosting.

Frosting

in a medium sized bowl mix together the cream cheese and the butter, it is very important they are both softened or the frosting will be a bit lumpy.
Add the vanilla and almond extracts to the cream cheese and mix until well combined.
Slowly add the powdered sugar, you may need more powdered sugar to get the right consistency.
Once you have the frosting done and the cake is cooled. Now you can frost the cake.
Place the frosting on top of the pumpkin cake, and spread it out evenly.
Sprinkle some nutmeg over the  frosting to finish off the cake.

This cake is so nice and moist, I really couldn't ask for a better one. I found that this is best the second day,or even the third, if there is still some left.
Just so you know the frosting is very sweet, I love sweet things and this was almost to much for me(almost).
What is your favorite thing about Autumn?
Anna.










No comments:

Post a Comment