Pages

Monday, August 29, 2016

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer VS NYX Photo-Loving Primer


 Hey guys!
A couple of months back I did a post talking about the Smashbox Photo Finish primer, and how I wasn't that impressed with it. I think I may have had my expectations to high, but for the price I think it should have been a bit better.
Not long after I bought the Smashbox primer I picked up the NYX Photo-Loving primer, and in all honesty, I didn't notice much of a difference between them.
The NYX primer is on the left, and the Smashbox is on the right.
As you can probably tell there isn't much difference in the appearance of the two primers. The only way I could tell them apart is that the NYX primer has a bit of a gloss, and the Smashbox is more matte. Once the two are applied, I really can't find a difference, they both have a lovely velvety feel when you apply them, and they both make my foundation go on really nicely, so far so good.
When I start to notice a problem it about early after noon, when my makeup has been on for four or five hours. What I see when I looked at it in the mirror is that my makeup is starting to shift, and cake around my noise and under my eyes, which is a big no no if you have ever experienced the awfulness of such things you will know what I mean. Out of the two primers I think the NYX one is the better one, it is a little better at preventing the caking, and I my personal opinion last a few hours longer.
So what it all comes down to is this, the Smashbox primer is a grand total of $36 dollar, and the NYX primer it $12. If you have tried the Smashbox primer and it worked well for you (as it has for so many others) I am genuinely happy for you, but if you are thinking about trying it and you aren't quite sure if it will work for you, I would highly recommend getting the NYX instead.

I'm sorry if this post turned into bit rant, it wasn't meant that way at all.
Have you tried either of these primers?
Do you agree or disagree with my opinion?
Please let me know in the comments, and don't forget to leave your links so I can check out your blog too.
I hop you have a wonderful day,

Anna.


No comments:

Post a Comment