Pages

Friday, July 15, 2016

The Great Cake Pop Adventure



 I DID IT! I made Cake Pops! 
I said in my Monday post that I would be taking you along on my Cake Pop adventure. 
When I made these I hadn't gone to the store to buy ingredients, so I just had to make do with what we had around the house. I probably would have made vanilla or white chocolate ones if I'd had more of an option, but alas I did not.

I went by the book(or booklet) on my first try, because I really didn't want to make to much of a disaster out of it.
I used the Vanilla cake pop recipe the came with the maker, and it make more than I had bargained for, somewhere between four and five dozen.

Vanilla Cake Pops

 1 1/2 Cups all-purpose Flour
1 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 Salt
1/2 Cup Butter Softened 
 1 Cup Sugar 
2 Eggs 
2 Teaspoons Vanilla 
1/2 Cup Milk 
Glaze or Coating of choice( I used chocolate candy coating)

 What To Do.

1# Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2#In a separate bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
3#Alternately blend in the flour mixture and milk into butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
Pour the batter into a decorating bag( this step is completely optional, but I found it to work really well)
4#Fill each cooking reservoir with the cake batter. I found that if you fill them so the reservoirs are rounded at the top.
5# Bake them for four-five minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6#Allow to the cake balls to cool completely before coating or glazing.
7# Dip one end of the candy sticks in the candy coating and stick it in the cake ball. Let the the coating set completely before dipping the cake pops.
8# Dip the cake pops in the candy coating and decorate as desired. 

I found that if you put the cake pops in the fridge for a couple of minute they will cool really fast.
Over the curse of the project I only lost three cake pops, which I don't think is bad considering this was my first try.
I had so much fun making these, I think they will become a favorite for parties and family events.

Have you ever made cake pops?
Do have any tips for the next time I make them?
Let me know in the comments.
I hope you have a wonderful day!
Anna. 











No comments:

Post a Comment