Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Oreo Valentines Cupcakes


Hello Everybody,
So, as you probably have noticed Valentines Day is almost upon us. And I wanted to get into the spirit of the thing. Valentines Day is probably my favorite holiday to bake for, I mean, reds, pinks and chocolate, how much more fun could it get.
First of, I should tell you the reason behind these cupcakes. I LOVE Oreos, there really isn't much more to say about that. This is a loosely translated version of the recipe I used for my Oreo birthday cake. I will leave you the link to the oraiganl recipes the cake and the frosting at the end of the post.
This is not going to be like my other cooking posts. I'm not going to list out all the ingredienc, or all the direction. But instead, I'm going to take you on a little journey, through my figuring out how to make this wonderful cupcakes.


 I got these adorable liners at TJ-Max, I also got some mini liners, but I haven't had a chance to use them yet:(

 I saw that you can put Oreos in the bottom of the cupcakes on Pinterest, and of course I had to try it. I have to say, it work a lot better then the time I tried Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies.
Soooo, after I made the cake batter( I used my favorite cake recipe, link below. Probably just about any one will work) I placed the Oreos in the cupcake liners, it looks soooo cool. In all honesty, I had way to much fun through this whole process. As I'm sure my mom could tell you. I think it's because I had been sick for a while, and hadn't done any cooking.
Any ways, I filled the cups about 3/4 full of cake batter, and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes.
While I was waiting for the timer to go off I decided to crunch up some of the Oreos for a toping. I would highly recommend getting two packages of Oreos, I only bough one and I didn't have enough for all the cupcakes:(

 I thought it was funny how the cupcake without Oreos in the bottom rose so much more, I'm not quite sure why that is. If you know please let me know:)


 I had a bit of a hard time deciding what frosting recipe to use, so I looked high and low till I found one that sounded like Oreo stuffing, and I didn't really follow it that closely, sorry...
I will leave the link to that recipe bellow as well.


 I doubled the frosting recipe and used heavy cream to make it easer to spread.
It's so Fluffy!

 Sorry I didn't get any pictures of the decoration process, but I sort of got caught up in the moment.
You can really decorate them in any way you want, that's one of the great things about cupcakes, they are like little canvas on which you can sprinkle the sprinkles, Wow! I think that is one of the worst analogue I have ever heard. But you get my point.
I used the crushed Oreos, and some Valentines sprinkles I found at TJ-Max.(Hmmm I'm beginning to see a pattern)
The Oreo in the bottom came out better then I excpected. Yay!
I have to worn you, if you do use the same cake recipe I did, it does make four dozen, so be prepared. By the way, These got eight thumbs up from the Royal Canadian Air Force.


I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I did writing it. I think I will have to do this kind of post more often.  Let me know if that's a good idea.
What's you're favorite Valentines Day treat?
Do you love Oreos as much as I do?
Let me know, I love you're feedback.
Have a Wonderful Day,
Anna.


Chocolate Cake.
http://bakerbynature.com/chocolate-cake-with-fudge-frosting/
Frosting.
http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2013/12/17/homemade-oreos/

No comments:

Post a Comment