Pages

Friday, April 29, 2016

Spring Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies

Happy Friday!

I am very happy to be writing this post today because I wasn't positive I would get the chance this week, but here I am. 
I have been trying to find springy recipes lately and haven't been finding quite as many as I would like so, when all else fails improvise! So I come up with this twist on the well loved chocolate chip cookie.
 



What You Need: 

1 Cup Butter, Softened 
3/4 Cup Sugar 
3/4 Cup Brow Sugar 
1 Teaspoon Almond Extract
2 Large Eggs
2 1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1Teaspoon Baking Soda
2 Packages Nestle Toll House Springtime Morsels, divided 
1 3/4 Cups Coconut flakes.



 What To Do:

Preheat oven to 350f
Step1#
In a large mixing bowl cream together the white sugar, the brown sugar and the butter.
Step2#
Add the almond extract and the 2 large eggs to the butter and sugar mixture. beating on a medium speed until fluffy.
Step3#
In a medium sized bowl combine the flour and the baking soda and whisk together. 
Step4#
Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, and mix on a low speed until a soft dough is formed.
Step5#
Add all the coconut and a little more than half of the morsels to the cookie dough and mix at a low speed.
Step6#
Drop the cookie dough by rounded tablespoon onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until slightly golden around the edges.
Step7#
While the cookie are still warm from the oven, top with the remaining morsels, and place and a cooling rack.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Anna.









No comments:

Post a Comment