Pages

Friday, April 22, 2016

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

HI Guys!
Is it just me or did this week go by really fast?
It seems like it was just Monday, and now here it is Friday again. 
Chocolate Crinkle cookies. I know their not very springy, but I thought they looked like they would be fun. These cookies are VERY chocolatey, I even had a couple of people ask if they had coffee in them. I have to be honest and say that I'm not that big on a chocolate fan, which I think I may have said this before. So these cookie aren't exactly my cup of tea, everybody else loved them, and that's what I was going for. These are almost have a biscuit like texture, and they have a very dark chocolate flavor. 


 What You Need:

1/2 Cup (1 stick) Butter,
1 Cup Light Brown Sugar,
2 Large Eggs,
1 1/4 Cup All-Purpose flour,
3/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder,
1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder, 
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar, 

What To Do: 

Step1#
Preheat you're oven to 350f
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2# 
In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and the brown sugar, until fluffy. Then and the eggs.
Step 3# 
In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder and the baking powder. 
Step 4#
Add the flour mixture to the brown sugar mixture, and mix on a medium speed until a soft dough forms.
Step 5#
Scoop out about a tablespoon of the dough, and roll it into a ball. Then roll each ball in the powdered sugar until evenly coated. Place the cookie about 1 1/2 inches apart on the lined baking sheet.
Step 6#
Bake until the cookies are set and the tops are cracked, about 10-13 minutes. Cool the cookie on a wire baking rack until completely cool.

Voila! 
I had a lot of fun making these, and they were a big hit, so I think I will be making them again.
Have you ever made crinkle cookies before?
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Anna.

No comments:

Post a Comment