Pages

Friday, April 8, 2016

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

Hi guys! 
So recently I have been having a bit of trouble finding new recipes to try for this blog. I am hoping to have to have one food post, and one beauty related post up each week. I don't know yet if I will be able to find a something new every week, and I may choose to change it up a bit from time to time, but for the most part I am planing a post for every Monday and Friday. 
Now for the promised chocolate chip cookie bars. last night we had our weekly Wednesday night meeting, and I was just going to make regular chocolate chip cookies.  But I wanted something a tinny bit different, so I decided on bars.



What You Need

 21/2 Cups Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
11/2 Sticks Butter( Melted)
1 Cup Brown Sugar 
1/2 Sugar 
1 Egg 
1 Egg Yolk
2 Teaspoons Vanilla
2 Cups Baking Chips

What To Do:

Preheat your oven to 325f.
Line a 9x13 with tin foil, then spray with cookie spray. Make sure you let the tin foil come over the edge of the pan about an inch.
In a medium bowl combine the flour and the baking soda, set aside.
In a large bowl, use a whisk to mix the melted butter and the sugars. Add the 1 whole egg and the 1 egg yolk, add the vanilla, and mix until well combined. 
Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, and slowly stir, until a soft ball of dough appears in the bowl. Then add you chocolate chips. I used Toll House's mint filled baking morsels, which I would highly recommend, but you can use what ever you have.  


Knead the chips into the dough, until they are evenly mixed in. Place the dough in the prepared pan, patting it down so it is evenly spread out. 
Bake for 18-25 minutes.
Let cool completely before cutting. 


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Anna.



No comments:

Post a Comment