Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Dreamy Chocolate Coconut Bars

 Hello everybody,
I know I haven't posted anything in quite awhile, which I'm quite sorry about.
I'm not going to bore you with excuses, because I really don't have one. But a couple weeks ago my family and I spent eight day in Cape Cod, which was wonderful. It was my first time in the Cape and I had so much fun. And on the way home we stopped at Plymouth Plantation, which was really cool. Anyway, I would highly recommend going there if you get the chance.
Back to the business of the day, these brownies bars are AMAZING!
WARNING! If you don't like really sweet chocolaty stuff, walk away now. Because there is no chance you will like these.
But for those of us who love that very thing, look no further. These brownies are sweet melt in your mouth goodness. I have made a couple different variations of this recipe and this one is definitely my favorites, and I have got lots and lots of complements on them. So with out further ado, hear you go.
Brownies
11/2 cup butter,
8 Tablespoons cocoa powder,
2 teaspoons vanilla,
3 eggs,
4/3 cups sugar,
2/3 cup + 1 Tbs coconut flour,

In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter.

Add the sugar, the vanilla, and the eggs to the butter, mix till smooth.
Now in a separate bowl mix together the coconut flour, and the cocoa powder. And the butter mixture to the flour mixture. stere just until blended. Move the brownie batter to a greased 9/13 and bake at 350, for about 20-25 minutes, or til a knife comes out clean. let brownies cool completely before frosting.

Coconut frosting
1 can coconut cream,
1 teaspoon vanilla,
3 Tablespoons cocoa powder,
31/2 cups powdered sugar,

In a medium size bowl, mix together coconut cream, vanilla, and cocoa powder until smooth. add powdered sugar a cup at a time, until it is the right frosting consistency, you may need more or less depending on your preference.
The frosting should be more of a icing, it will set after about an hour. Pour onto brownies, and garnish with coconut flakes if desired.


Viola!
hope you enjoy, please let me know if you like this recipe, I love to hear you're feed back.
If you would like to check out my brothers visit Plymouth Plantation video I will leave a link bellow.
Hope you have a wonderful week.
Anna.

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=MLC1tt4OHzU

No comments:

Post a Comment