Pages

Friday, December 2, 2016

Too Faced Grande Hotel Cafe Review

 Okay, so as you probably already know if you've visited my blog before, I am a sucker for cute packaging, and this set definitely has that. I normally don't get swept up in the hype when new products come out, but after reading several review and seeing pictures of this set I know I had to have it. Thankful I had a birthday and a pair of very generous parents.(Thanks guy!)


 Lets start with the packaging, it is without a doubt the most adorable makeup set I have ever seen. The outside of the box is made to look like (guess what?) a hotel! What a surprise! It is a very detailed box with snow on the roof, and little windows, as a decorated Christmas tree on the back.
Once you open the box you see a cute little café  scene with a menu and a coffee maker. Under the two Christmas trees there are a number of other Too Faced products, like the Chocolate Bar palette, some blushes, and a Melted lippy.


Each palette is supposed to be scented and they are, but to be honest I can't tell the difference in the scents. The palettes each come in their own little booklet decorated according to its name and scent. Each one contains six eyeshadows and one face powder.


 Lets take it one palette a time, starting with Peppermint Mocha.

Peppermint Cream

This is a pure white shade, perfect as a base color.

Candy Cane

I guess you could use this one as a base as well, but I personally wouldn't. This is a soft baby pink shade.

Christmas Blend

This one is my favorite in this palette. It is a light shimmery pink gold shade.

Sprinkles

I have been using this as a crease shade when I do a pink eye look. Its a beautiful purpley pinks, shimmery shadow.

Peppermint Mocha

This is getting a bit darker than I would normally use on the lid, so I use it as a liner, or very lightly in the crease. This is a light brown shadow with a hint of pink sparkle.

Coffee Chip

I haven't use this one much, maybe a little on the lash line. It is a dark brown, with a tiny bit of pink shimmer.

Santa Baby

This is the blush in the palette. It is a bright coraly pink blush.




I love the colors in this one, all except for the green one, I really don't see how it fits in with the rest on the shades. It goes cream, gold, light brown, matte brown, dark brown, green, and I'm just like "where did that come from"

Frosty Nog

This is a matte creamy white shade great for a base.

Eggnog Latte

I love this one, its a lot like Christmas Blend, a light cream colored shimmery shadow.

Skinny Latte

This is the second matte shadow and its a basic light brown shade.

Cold Brew

This shadow is a light metallic brown.

Iced Coffee

This is a very deep chocolate color with lots of shimmer, and I mean LOTS OF SHIMMER.

Central Perk

I never wear green. I tried this once just to make, but green is not my color. This is a really dark metallic green shadow.

Peach Cobbler

I love the blush so much! Its a light, soft coral.



This one is my favorite, the colors are just so perfect.

Ginger Cream

This is a gorgeous creamy off white shade, again a perfect base or transition shadow.

Winter Dream

oh my goodness this one is beautiful! So pigmented, and so sparkly. This is a light muted purple, I have is swatched on my hand right now and I can't take my eyes off it.

Maple Syrup

Matte and brown, that's about all that I can say about this one. Very good for in the crease, but nothing special.

Cup of Joe

This shade is a very very dark brown(I'm not sure is not black), and has a touch of gold shimmer.

Gingersnap

This is SO pigmented, and so beautiful! I love the shimmery gold shadows around the Holidays, I am sure I will be wearing this one a lot.

Black Coffee

Very matte and very black, I haven't used this one much at all, and only as a liner.

Gingerbread

Love love love this bronzer! Its very much like the Chocolate Soleil bronzer I have. I use it as a bronzer and as a light contour shade.



So over all I am completely in love with this set, and think is was well worth the money. If you get the chance I would highly recommend getting it, and I don't think you will be disappointed.

Have you tried this set?
What were your thoughts?
Have a wonderful weekend.
Anna.

No comments:

Post a Comment