Pages

Monday, December 12, 2016

DIY Candy Cane Wreath


 You know Christmas is coming when I start doing crafts. I'm not a crafty person as a rule, but something about this time of year turns me into one.
I saw a couple of wreaths similar to this one on Pinterest but didn't and up fallowing any of them, so I was super happy that this actually came out alright.

What You Need

3 Boxes of Candy Canes
1 Glue Gun
Lots of Glue Sticks
Your choice of ribbon

To start, I glued together two candy canes, back to back, putting a stripe of glue down each side, letting one side set before gluing the other.



Once I had enough pairs made up to form a circle, I began gluing the sets of two together. I  just doted the glue where the candy canes touch.
After I had a completed circle, I took the remaining single candy canes and added them on, one at a time to the parts of the wreath that look like a heart.

Since I didn't have any bows on hand I had to make my own, not being good at tying bows I decided to use the only other recourse I had, glue.

The first thing I had to do was decide how big I wanted the bow to be, than cut the ribbon accordingly.

Than I took the ends of the cut piece of ribbon and glued them to the center of the piece, so it looked like this.
Then I glued that to the wreath.
Then I took a small piece of ribbon and glued it into a tube shape.
And glued that to the center of the bow.

I also took a long section of ribbon to the back of the wreath so I had something to hang it from.
If you do this sure to glue it to every place the ribbon touches candy cane, I was super worried that it wouldn't hold, but so far so good.
Voila!

I had a lot of fun making this, and it really was quite simple. It took time and a lot of glue, but it was simple.

Do you do a lot of crafts? or are you like me and just cant be bothered most of the time.
What is you favorite holiday decoration?
Anna.

No comments:

Post a Comment