Pages

Friday, November 11, 2016

Autumn Cupcakes

I am planning a large amount of Christmasy recipes for the next two months, so I thought I should do one more Autumn themed one.
I bought a set of owl themed cupcake decorations a couple of weeks ago and have been longing to use them, I know I wanted to make pumpkin cupcakes before Fall was completely over, so I thought I would kill two birds with one stone.
Can we take a moment to look at how adorable these are? Just look at the swirl! I actually spent time and effort to decorate these and I may be slightly proud of them.



Cupcakes:

1 Cup flour
1 Teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1 Teaspoon baking powder
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
15oz (one small can)  Pumpkin Puree
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
2 Eggs
In a large bowl mix together flour, spices, baking powder, and baking soda.
in a medium sized bowl whisk together the pumpkin puree, sugar, vegetable oil and eggs.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix together at a medium speed for about a minute, so its all combine but not over mixed.
Line muffin tin with whatever liners you have on hand.
Fill muffin cup 2/3 full.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean.
Let the cupcakes cool completely before decorating.

Frosting:

8oz Cream Cheese
1/2 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Shortening
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
4-6 Cups Powdered Sugar
In a large mixing bowl mix together the butter and shortening, add the cream cheese and vanilla, mix until well combined.
Slowly add the powdered sugar, and mix it in a little at a time( try not to over beat it because it can get a little gummy)
If it isn't a good texture for the kind of decorating you have in mind you can add a little milk or more powdered sugar depending on what you need.
I had so much fun making these! The cake its self was a little different then I was expecting, less pumpkiny and more like a spice cake, but it was still really yummy.
What is your favorite Autumn treat?
Am I the only one who thinks these owls are adorable?
Anna.

No comments:

Post a Comment