Pages

Monday, November 7, 2016

Lets Chat About: Lanocreme Bee Venom Face Mask

 I haven't done a Lets Chat post in SO LONG! I have really missed doing up one of these every couple of week, but to be honest I have a hard enough time getting two post up a week as it is(master procrastinator right here).
Anyway! I recently saw this Lanocreme Bee Venom face mask in TJMaxx, or TKMaxx depending on where you are from. I got this mask for $5.99 and on the Lanocreme website it is $35.00, so I feel like I got a pretty good deal.

 I freely admit to being completely terrified of this when I was about to use it for the first time, and with good reason(more on that in a minute)
I love the pot this mask comes in, It feels very well made and has an expensive feel to it, frosted glass always feels that way to me.


This product intrigued me for a number of different reasons, the first being that it said BEE VENOM in large friendly  letters, and the second being the Manuka honey. I have been trying to get more skincare products with Manuka honey in them a you can read more about it here.
As I said, I was a bit frightened to try this mask because of the warnings that go something like this,
WARNING!
Product causes stinging effect
Do NOT use if you have a bee allergy
NOT suitable for sensitive skin
Now I wouldn't say I have super sensitive skin, and I have never done the recommended spot test before using a mask, but I did for this one. I applied a small amount to the back of my hand, and it felt just like a thick face cream. When I applied it to my face was when the fun really began, it started with the burn, then the tingling, almost to the point where I wanted to take it off. I decided to leave it on for a full fifteen minutes, and when I removed it I was pleasantly surprised, there was no redness, itching, or any other signs of irritation. Instead me skin felt soft, moisturized, and a little bit tighter.
So all round this was a highly successful experiment. I have used this mask four time now and have had no problems with it, but if you do have really sensitive skin I would not recommend this to you.
One other nice thing about this is that a little goes a long way, as I said I have used this four times and I am hardly a quarter of the way through.

What is your opinion on this kind of face mask? Would you ever try it your self?
Please let me know your favorite mask too, I have been loving trying out new ones and I'm running out of good ideas.
Have a happy Monday!
Anna.

No comments:

Post a Comment