Pages

Friday, September 30, 2016

September Favorites


I haven't done a favorites post in a couple of months, and in all honesty I've really missed them. I feel like the month isn't quite complete without them.
Speaking of months! Is it just me or did September go by super fast? It seems like the best ones go by the fastest.
There are so many products I have been loving lately that I really had to narrow it down to my absolute favorites. after much deliberation I finally got it down to nine of the products that I have been using pretty much every day.
After hearing a lot of good things about Pixi I decided to try out one of their products, the Pixi Skintreats Lash Nourish Makeup Remover Pads to be exact. Pixi isn't the easiest brand to get your hands on in my area since you can only get it in store at Target, and I hardly ever go there.  I have been on a bit of makeup remover kick over the last couple of months, and this one is at the top of the list.
This Pearlessence Cucumber Water Face Mist is a wonderful and refreshing product. This has quite a light, fine mist. The only thing I don't like about this product is that its in a glass bottle, which means I can't take it in my bag
 I was a little skeptical about ThisWorks In transit Camera Close-up because it says it is a mask, moisturizer and primer one, so I wasn't really sure what I was supposed to do with it. The first time I used this was as a primer and I was pleasantly surprised with the results. I definitely notice a difference in how long my foundation lasted over it, and it made my skin feel really nice. Because of its softening and blurring affects I have been using this mainly as a stand alone product on the days when I'm not wearing any other makeup.
   I have had a bit of a love hate relationship with this Maybelline Dream Velvet Soft-Matte Foundation. The first time I used it did not go well, after a couple of hours it was cakey, heavy, and all over felt really awful. Needless to say was disappointed, I had heard so many great things about this foundation that I was sure it would work.
By now you are probably wondering why this is in my monthly favorites if I dislike it so much. Well long store short, one day I had run out of the foundation I had been using and didn't want to wear my Born This Way foundation to work, so I decided to give this another go. I found that because its a whipped foundation what I needed about half of what I had been used to using for foundation. Once I figured that out I really did like it, the coverage is really nice a natural and the shade (Porcelain Ivory)is spot on.
 I got this Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer deluxe sample for free the last time I was in Ulta ( my mom actually got it) and it was love at first sight. This is dare I say the best bronzer I have ever used? I think I do because it really is lovely, the color look very natural on my skin tone, and since it is matte it is perfect for an everyday contour. Plus it smells like cocoa! What's not to love!
Yet another deluxe sample, I have been using this Elizabeth Mott Show Me Your Cheeks Blush everyday for the past couple of weeks, and am loving everything about it. Its a beautiful peachy color with a bit of gold undertones.
Have y'all heard enough about all of Benefit's brow collection? I know I have, but I still really wanted to try some of it out. I had just ran out of brow gel so I thought it would be the perfect time to try out Benefit's Ready, Set, Brow! This is a 24hr shaping and setting gel, I honestly don't know who would wear there makeup for 24hr so it doesn't really matter if it lasts that long to me. As for the product its self I can't really tell if the gel is different from any other I have used in the past, but the packaging is way better. When this came in the mail I wasn't completely prepared for how amazing the container would be. it is by far the coolest looking product on my dressing table.
   I know I have talked about this  Banana Republic Wildbloom Rouge perfume before, but I don't think I have talked about how perfect it is for Autumn. Its a very deep floral scent, but not super strong.
  I stole this Clinique Different Lip Stick in A Different Grape from my mom about a year ago, it is everything you could ask for in a lipstick. As you probably know berry lipstick is very popular this time of year. I wish the picture showed off the color of it better, its a beautiful deep reddish purple color. It feels lovely on and doesn't make my lips feel dry.

That is about it for my September favorites.
Have you tried any of these products?
What are have been some of your September favorites?
Have a wonderful weekend.
Anna.

No comments:

Post a Comment