Pages

Monday, September 12, 2016

Citrus Poppyseed Muffins



 I feel like its been forever since I have posted a recipe (probably because it has been)
This morning I really wanted to make something nice for the gang for breakfast, and I really have been craving lemon poppyseed muffins lately so the choice was clear. So, I went onto Pinterest to see if I could find any recipes that called for the ingredient I had on hand, I found this one on Sally's Baking Addiction and changed it a little so it would fit my needs. After the end result received lots of positive reviews I decided to share them with you.

Ingredients

2 1/3 cups  all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 lightly packed brown sugar
3 Tablespoons poppy seeds
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup salted butter, melted
juice and zest of 2 medium lemons
juice and zest of 1 orange
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup Greek or regular yogurt( I used Greek honey yogurt)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
 sugar, for sprinkling on the top of the muffins

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350f
In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, brown sugar, poppyseeds, baking powder and baking soda. In a medium sized bowl add the melted butter, the orange and lemon juice and zest, the two eggs, the yogurt and the extracts. Using a whisk mix until everything is well combined.
Add the butter mixture to the flour mixture, and stir with a wooden spoon or a similar kitchen tool until the ingredince  are completely combine. Try not to over stir, because it can make the muffins stiff.
Now you will want to spray your muffin tin with your favorite baking spray(I use Pam)
Next, spoon the batter into the muffin tin, fill them to the top.
Bake for 10-15 minutes until the tops start to crack, and a tooth pick comes out clean.
Remove the muffins from the tin and cool on a cooling rack for five to ten minutes.
I would highly recommend serving these while they are still warm, the butter melts so nicely and I think the citrus flavor is more prominent when they are warm.



Poppyseed muffins have been my favorite for as long as I can remember, but I haven't had homemade ones in way to long. I think two three years ago I made grapefruit poppyseed ones. Anyway, these were so yummy, and actulay very photo friendly.

What is your favorite kind of muffin?
I would love to know!
I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Anna.

No comments:

Post a Comment