Pages

Monday, July 25, 2016

Dealing With Daily Headaches

I have been thinking about writing this post for quite some time now, but have not been quite sure how to but it in a positive way. The fact that I have daily headaches is something I don't really like to dwell on, but I know I'm not the only one that has them and if any of the little things I have found that help me could help anyone else I don't think it's quite fair for me to keep them to myself.
So I thought I would share a few of the thing that I have found to help me get through the day with some sanity left at the end of it.
By the way my computer is still down, so if this post is a bit choppy please forgive.

Drink plenty of water.

This is pretty self explanatory, if you are well hydrated you will be less susceptible to any kind of ailment.

Don't sit in the sun unless absolutely you have to.

Now this can be quite hard, especially in the summer, so if I know I will be spending time in the sun I will bring a big floppy hat and sunglasses. 

Sunglasses are your best friend.

I wear my sunglasses everywhere, sometime even inside. I am very sensitive to light so there is really no way I can go anywhere with out them. Thankfully sunglasses are adorable, so it is fun too.

 Try not to spend to much time on the computer.

Again this comes from the light sensitivity, and as a blogger I spend a good deal of time on my computer, so if you are sitting at you computer and you find that the light is getting at bit much for you get up and do something else, but if you have a deadline to get something done, try putting on you sunglasses , yes you may feel a bit silly but it does work and that's what counts.

Be careful picking out things like perfume and scented candles.

I have found that some scent and smells bother me, and some don't.  So before you decide to buy that expensive perfume try to get you hands on a sample, you can usually tell pretty quickly if it will work for you or not.

You will learn to like black coffee.

This is something I have been very successful at, and it is now the only way I take regular coffee. The main reason for using coffee for a kind of treatment is that I have noticed that a large number of headache medicines contain caffeine, and since I don't like taking meds unless I absolutely have to this seemed like the better way.

keep lavender near you at all times.

I have a lavender mist that I keep in my room, a bottle of lavender oil that goes with me pretty much everywhere, and a lavender eye mask that I keep in the freezer for emergencies.

Try to avoid loud noise, like loud music  

I listen to music all the time, and I'm definitely not saying to stop, I actually have found the right kind of music to be helpful and soothing.

Don't let your headache get you down.

What I mean by this is, don't let the fact that you aren't feeling well make you unhappy or depressed. I feel verey blessed never to have suffered from depression, but I do have a surious countenance which often leads people to think I an grumpy or unhappy, which is rarelly the case. 

Don't forget to smile.

I know this probably won't help a headache, but when I have a bad one somtimes my smile dosn't want to work, makeing me look rather blank or grumpy. So finetune those acting skills, and look like you have a personality.

I know some of these things might seem a bit dumb, but hey, they have helped me. 
I have also been keeping a headache diary at the advise of my doctor,I've been using an app called ecoHeadache. It's a really interesting app, it lets you enter lots of inforemation that I never would have even thought about before. 

Do you have any suggestions for how to cope with this sort of things? 
If you do please let me know in the comments so I can try them out. 
Do you like this kind of post? or do you prefer my normal ramblings?
I hope you have a wonderful week.
Anna.


No comments:

Post a Comment