Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Easter Sugar Cookies

 First, I should admit my cookie decorating skills could improve. But I still had fun making these, and they taste really nice, and that's whats important, right.. Secondly, I don't really go all out for Easter with the eggs and the bunny, yes they are cute and fun, but that's not what Easters really about is it.
Any ways, the real reason for making these cookies is that I found these really cute cookie cutters at TJ Max, and I thought this was a good excuse to use them. These cookies are so simple and yummy, you can go crazy decorating them.

What You Need:

 1 Cup softened butter,
1 C powdered sugar,
1 egg,
1-1/2 teaspoons Vanilla,
2-1/2 Cups all-purpose flour,

What To Do:

 Preheat Oven at 350.
In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and the powdered sugar until fluffyish. Then add the egg, vanilla, and the almond extract. Add the flour and mix at a medium speed until a soft dough is formed. I would highly recommend butting the dough in the fridge for about an hour, but if you're inpatient like me, you can add a little extra flour to the dough.


Roll out the dough on a lightly floured counter top, roll the dough 1/8 of an inch thick.
Then with lightly floured cookie cutters, cut out the cookie.
If you are using the same bunny cutter I am be sure to cut the same amount of tales, I had a couple taleless bunnies. oops..
Bake for 8-12 minutes, until the cookies are firm in the center and the edges are a slightly golden.








Decorate with you're choice of icing or frosting.
I chose to use pastels, because they make me think of spring.
So make sure you use plenty of sprinkles and icing. And have fun.












                              The Bunnies are my favorite!



 What is you favorite thing to make for Easter?
I hope you all have a blessed Easter.
Anna.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment