Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Vanilla Buttercream Cake






Hello,
Yesterday was my brothers birthday,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKE!
Anyway I got to make his birthday cake, which is something that I love to do.
But in our apartment, as I have said before we have hardly any cooking utensils. So I was very concerned about making a cake without my mixer, and I was worried that the frosting would be lumpy. But everything turned out fine, Yay. I also do not have my proper frosting tools, so it's not the most beautiful cake I've made but it's very yummy.
     1 Betty Crocker French Vanilla cake mix                                      
1 Cup Water                                                                                
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil                                                                
3 Eggs                                                                                         
1 teaspoon Vanilla                                                                      
 
I also used two 8"square  disposable cake pans.            
Heat your oven to 350. Grease and flour the bottom and sides of the pan or pans. In a large bowl add water, oil, eggs and vanilla to the cake mix.
 
 
 
 Beat with a whisk until the batter reaches a proper cake batter consistency, or beat with a mixer on medium for 2 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally. Pour batter into prepared pans.
 

Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
 
Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan, cool completely before frosting.  
Fill in the two cakes with the filling of our choice.
I used Orange Marmalade.    
    1/2 Cup solid vegetable shortening                                              
1/2 Cup(1 stick) Butter                                                  
1 teaspoon Vanilla                                                   
4 Cups powdered sugar                                            
2 Tablespoons Milk                                                       
In a large bowl combine shortening and butter until fairly smooth.
 
Add vanilla. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, mixing until all the sugar has been added, the icing will appear dry. Gradually add milk; mix until light and fluffy.
 

It may be necessary to add additional sugar for the correct consistency.  
Frost the cake as you like, I like to do it in thin layers.
 
      Like so.

 Enjoy
Have a great day.
Anna.

 
                                                                
         
 
 
 































No comments:

Post a Comment