Pages

Friday, October 21, 2016

NYX Matte Lip Creams


The first time I used  one of these lip creams was quite the experience, never having used a lip cream let alone a matte one, but the strangeness quickly wore off, and I fell completely in love with these little babies.
I bought my first two back in the early summer, and just recently ordered three more from Ulta. Now that they have arrived I thought it would be the perfect time to share my little collection with you.
In order of appearance in the swatch below-
Antwerp- This is a very bright dark coral pink shade, probably more pink than orange. I don't think this is the best one for this time of year, much more Summery.
Milan-This one is what I think of when I think pink, my mom calls it a Betsy Johnson pink. It is a young pinky pink.
Istanbul-Istanbul is also a pinky pink, but its a bit more subdued than Milan.
Buenos Aires-I love the shade of this one but I'm not sure if it loves me. It is a lovely light coral color. This one is lighter than my natural lip color so it is a very different look for me, so I'm not sure how much I will use it.
Stockholm-Okay gang this one is my favorite of the five, I have been wearing it almost every day. It is a really nice nude shade with a touch of pink.

The texture of these is all pretty much the same although I have notice a tiny bit a variation in some of them, but not a enough to make much difference. These ware really well I only have to reapply every three or four hours, depending on how much eating or drinking I do. They are also super comfortable on, unlike most matte lipstick I have used they don't crack, flack and feel dry.

I have to say I'm really not impressed with how the colors are depicted on the Ulta website, for instance Antwerp was shown as a terracotta reddish shade but when it arrived I found that it was really a very bright pink shade. I do still like it but I don't think I will use it as much as I would have if it was the shade I thought it was. The moral of this story is if you want to know for sure what color you are getting, check it out in store first. That is really the only problem I have with these lip creams, so these get two thumbs up from me.

What is your opinion of these lip creams?
Do you prefer matte or shine for your lips?
Let me know in the comments. I love you feedback!
Have a wonderful day!
Anna.








No comments:

Post a Comment