Pages

Friday, May 20, 2016

Grilled Thai Chicken With Peanut Sauce

Hello everybody,
Today I thought I would share something a little bit different with you. As you have probably noticed if you have visited my blog before I am a Baker at heart, but that doesn't mean I can't turn my hand to a little cooking now and then.  
Any kind of Thai food always goes over well in our house, so I was pretty sure this would be a hit, and I was right. As far as Thai food goes, I would say this is a light Thai, it probably isn't that authentic, but it's really good. It's not very spicy, but the peanut sauce does have a bit of a kick, so if you're not a big fan of spicy you can leave out the sriracha and cut back on the ginger. 

For The Marinade:

4 lb Boneless and Skinless Chicken Breast
1/4 Cup Fresh Lime Juice
1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
4 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
1 Tablespoon Sriracha 
2 Tablespoons Peeled and Minced Ginger
4 Tablespoons Chopped Cilantro
1/3 Cup Chopped Green Onions

 For Peanut Sauce:

The Juice from two small limes
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce 
2 1/2 Teaspoons Peeled and Minced Ginger
1 Teaspoon Sriracha
1/3 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
2 Tablespoons Hot Water

What To Do:


Measure out the lime juice, or squeeze the juice from three small limes.

Then peel and mince the ginger( I did the ginger for the peanut sauce differently than the ginger for the marinade)

Now rinse the green onions, and cut the funny looking ends off. Then cut off the roots and chop into small circles.

Rinse the cilantro and pat it dry, then cut off the stems, and chop the cilantro into small pieces.



In a small bowl whisk together all all the ingredients for the marinade, and set aside.

Take you're chicken, and remove as much of the fat and weird bits as you can.
The pieces of chicken I used were quite large, so I cut them into three pieces each.
Pound the chicken until it's about half the thickness it was before.


Do this with all the chicken, then place in a large, deep bowl and pour the marinade over the top, stir it around a bit to make sure the chicken is completely covered. Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.

Peanut Sauce:

Peel and mince the ginger, I choose to do mine in a blender because I wanted it to be really small.

In a small bowl whisk together the ginger, the juice from two small limes, the soy sauce, the brown sugar and the sriracha.

Stir in the peanut butter and the hot water(you may need more hot water to get the peanut sauce to the right consistency)
Grill the chicken on a medium-high heat for five-eight minutes on each side.
The grilling time will very depending on the size and thickness and the pieces of chicken.



 Now that the warmer weather is here it's really nice to be able to eat outside in the fresh air.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Anna.

No comments:

Post a Comment