Monday, October 31, 2016

NYX Born To Glow vs Benefit High Beam



I think every beauty blogger loves finding dupes for high-end beauty products, and I am no exception. when I picked up the NYX Liquid Illuminator at Ulta I wasn't thinking it would be a dupe for the Benefit High Beam liquid highlighter, but the next day when I used it I said to myself " this seems familiar"


The only major differences in these two highlighters are the price, and the packaging. The Benefit highlighter comes a glass bottle and has a small brush applicator, and the NYX highlighter comes in a squeezy tube.
Benefit High Beam Liquid Highlighter $26.00
NYX Born To Glow Liquid Luminater $7.49

The Benefit highlighter has a very creamy texture, and once its blended in just  leaves a lovely glow.

The NYX highlighter has a bit more of a metallic look when first applied, and takes a little longer to blend, leaving a glow as well as a tiny bit of a shimmer.
High Beam on the left, and Born To Glow in Sun Beam on the right.

If this post seems a bit short it's because I really had a hard time finding any differences in these two products, they are both amazing, and I don't think you could go wrong with either of them.
Personally I would be way more likely to repurchase the NYX one because of the price.

Have you tried either of these highlighters?
Do you prefer powder and liquid highlighters?
Anna.